Prepare your stay
- 4th floor: seminar rooms 1.401 – 1.404
1st floor: Lecture Hall 1.101
1st floor: Library for Germanic Linguistics
- Café Weltgeist
- Canteen (Mensa)
- Senatssaal (Science Speed Geeking)
- AB ticket covers the whole Berlin area until the city boundary.
- Schönefeld Airport and Potsdam are outside of Berlin city boundary, i.e. in the zone C.
- short distance tickets — up to 3 urban rail or metro stations (change allowed) and up to 6 bus or tram stations (no change)
- single tickets (120 minutes, change allowed, no returns or round trips)
- daily tickets (valid until 3 a.m. of the following day)
- 7-day tickets
- and some more
- S-Bahn: “S+U Friedrichstrasse” (lines S5, S7, S75, S1, S2, S25)
- U-Bahn: “U Friedrichstrasse” (line U6)
- Bus: “Staatsoper” (lines 100, 200)
- Tram:”Universitätsstrasse” (lines 12, M1)
Participants are responsible for their own accommodation arrangements. We recommend to start seeking housing as soon as possible. If you are looking for affordable accommodation, you might check out the following options:
- Three little pigs hostel berlin Three little pigs Hostel Berlin (WLAN, desk in the room, laundry room)
- Cityhostel Berlin, Glinkastr. 5-7, 10117 Berlin
- Check In Hostel Berlin, Markgrafenstraße 68, 10969 Berlin
- a&o Berlin Friedrichshain, Boxhagener Str. 73, 10245 Berlin
- WG gesucht (Especially during the summer when Berlin’s students are traveling there are plenty of affordable rooms available.)
New!!! If you are interested in sharing a room with other attendees, please sign up on conferenceshare.co to connect with each other. Our school appears as “DGfS XPrag.de 2019”. Please note that XPrag.de is not liable for this service.
During the school
As we have to check in almost 200 participants, we want to enforce the following rule:
- If your first course starts Monday, 9 a.m.: Please arrive at the registration desk at 8 a.m.
- If your first course starts later: Please arrive at the registration desk after 9:15 a.m.
For check-in, you have to present
- a valid government-issued photo ID (i.e. ID card, Driver’s License or Passport)
- a print-out of the ticket that you received upon online registration
Badges must always be worn and visible to personnel.
Please connect to the network “HU-Meeting”.
For further details, see the official Instructions how to set up the HU Meeting network.
Please note that sending e-mails from HU network is only possible by using an official mailserver of HU (e.g. mailhost.cms.hu-berlin.de) or a webmailer of your home organisation. Otherwise use a VPN-connection to your home organisation to use other mailservers.
Georgenstraße 190 (S-Bahn-Bogen)
Mon – Fri, 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Mon – Fri, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 12 am
Sat, Sun, 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Unter den Linden 6
Located in the left wing of the university main building, entrance from the back. It is marked by the letter “C” on this map
Lunch offered from 11:15 am
(In the seminar building)
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(In the Law Faculty)
8:00 am – 7:00 pm
(At the back of the seminar building)
7:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Humboldt University Security (24h):
- Taxi “TaxiFunk”:
- Taxi “Funk Taxi”:
- Taxi “Würfelfunk”:
- English Language Hotline:
Before you register
- Enrollment in up to three courses with 8 sessions of 90 minutes each
- Participation in science speed geeking
- Volley tournament
- Farewell party
Yes, there is a possibility to present own research. However, instead of a poster session we will organize a science speed geeking in a restaurant, i.e. each presenter gives a 5 minute talk to a small group, after 5 minutes the group moves further on to the next presenter. Presenters are supposed to bring copies of their handouts in A4 format. Further details, e.g. whether there will be a reviewing process in advance, will depend on how much interest will be indicated with the registration. Presenters will be provided with further details in early summer. Anybody is allowed to submit a poster.
You might ask for funding from your home institution.